1. Orlando Hotel room rates are affordable during the month of August. Stay at a variety of Downtown Disney hotels such as the Royal Plaza and the Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Hotel from $75 a night. Many hotels drop rates mid to late August.
2. Top destinations for late summer and Labor Day are Orlando, Las Vegas, Chicago, San Diego, San Francisco, Myrtle Beach, Atlantic City, Reno/Tahoe, Miami and Washington DC. Book early for the best hotel deals in these markets.
3. Las Vegas hotel deals are hard to beat in August – the best deals can be found Sunday thru
Thursday. Strip hotels such as the Stratosphere offer rates from $39 a night.
4. Labor Day hotel room rates are higher for Saturday and Sunday night during Labor Day
weekend – but drop way down on Monday night – stay Monday and get a great deal in
5. Myrtle Beach has high demand all summer but rates drop at most
hotels in late August.
6. There are many bargains on hotels in New York City such as the Travel Inn for $175/night
on Getaroom.com for many summer dates, rates at this property include free parking and an outdoor pool.
7. Stay with the stars in South Beach – many bargains to choose from all summer
long at Miami hotels such as the Hotel Chelsea – at getaroom.com from $78 including free airport shuttle, free wifi, free happy hour and more.
8. Most San Francisco hotels offer lower rates for Labor Day weekend -
enjoy the cable cars and Fisherman’s Wharf and get a great deal.
9. Thousands of hotels offer lower rates all summer through Getaroom.com’s
Unpublished Rate program – just pick up the phone and call 1-800-HOTELS8,
ask for the Unpublished Rate and save 10-30% off the lowest online
10. Why visit many sites to shop – do it all with one visit to kayak.com to check airfares, car rental rates, hotels and more.