Join the place dubbed “The Magic City” as it celebrates 115 years that have seen countless locals and tourists alike sunbathe on its pristine beaches, savor mouth-watering cuisine in its world-famous restaurants, shop at its endless array of stylish boutiques, and partake in the city’s eclectic mix of annual events. Among Miami’s most popular haunts are Vizcaya Museum and Gardens, Zoo Miami, Bird Bowl Bowling Center, Ocean Drive, Bayfront Park, Bayside Marketplace, Miami Seaquarium and Jungle Island.
In addition, hotels decidedly make a key part of the city’s rich history. From Franklin D. Roosevelt to hip-hop mogul Jay-Z, scores of presidents, celebrities and dignitaries have graced the hallways of Miami hotels big and small alike over the past century. Just as the city is a melting pot of cultures, hotel options here run the gamut from five-star resorts to budget inns to funky Art Deco properties.
If you’re planning a getaway to Miami, below are some upcoming events and hotels we recommend you check out.
Miami Events and Special Promotions
1. Miami Spa Month (July 1 – Aug. 31): Miami’s spas are ranked among the very best in the country. Now through August you can enjoy major savings on special treatments at many of the city’s premier spas.
2. Miami Speed Triathlon (Aug. 27 – 28): The Miami Speed Triathlon boasts Sprint and Olympic distance races, two days of multisport Expo, and a USA Triathlon Pro/Elite Draft-Legal Spring race with $30K cash prize.
3. Miami Spice (Aug. 1 – Sept. 30): Set to mark its 10th anniversary, this mouth-watering promotion offers the best of Miami cuisine. Signature dishes created by world-famous chefs can be had at affordable prices – $22 for lunch and $35 for dinner.
4. International Ballet Festival of Miami (Aug. 26 – Sept. 18): Showcasing a plethora of stars from some of the world’s most prestigious ballet companies, this annual event boasts ballet performances, dance film series, workshops and much more.
5. Miami International Wine Fair (Sept. 23 – 25): Sample more than 1,500 different wines from 20 countries. Hundreds of well-known distributors, importers and retailers will be on hand for the event.
1. Seagull Hotel South Beach: Formerly the Days Inn South Beach, this oceanfront property in the heart of South Beach is a three-time recipient of the Chairman’s Award for Quality. It features lush landscaping and a swimming pool that provides relief from the scorching South Florida sun.
2. Chesterfield Hotel and Suites: This South Beach hotel manages to be affordable without skimping on style. Only steps away from Ocean Drive and the Fashion District, it includes a Safari-themed lobby and sleekly designed rooms with mahogany furniture and aluminum accents.
3. Marco Polo Beach Resort: Located in Sunny Isles, this 3-Diamond oceanfront resort features a state-of-the-art fitness center, restaurant, swimming pool and spa facilities. Breakfast is complimentary, as is use of the hotel’s poolside lounge chairs. Sunbathers rejoice!
4. Hotel Clifton South Beach: This 35-room Art Deco style hotel excites the eye with handsome decor that is modern, tropical and eco-friendly all at once. Grab a drink and unwind in the chic lobby bar before exploring a range of nightlife and dining options just minutes from the hotel’s front doors.